24 April, 2009

the season of productivity

I'm getting this down on cyber paper for all to see and hold me accountable.

May 1-31, I will make one bag a day. Thirty-one bags before June. Yep.

I don't have to create a bag daily, I just need to finish one. It's a good chance to complete existing projects as well as take on new ones. I'd like to add to the challenge that I can only use existing fabric and can't buy any more, but let's be honest; that's not going to happen. I can tell myself I'm going in just for thread, but I can't promise that restraint. I'll try, though, to primarily use materials from my current arsenal. That I will pledge.

My plan, is when the final stitch is complete on each item, to photograph it and post that image online. Why May? Why not? Plus it's my birthday month, and getting that much closer to 40 makes me want to feel a bit more accomplished. I can try, anyway. By making something new each day I will not only prep for my next show on June 6, but I'll clear out some of the fabric taking over my home and hopefully find several new homes for finished products. So there you go.

Giving the world a week's notice: Prepare for extreme baggage. Wait, that didn't come out quite right...

No comments: